Membership - Additional Information
NVEPC Members may belong to any of the following 8 professional disciplines:
- Attorneys who are admitted to and in good standing with the highest court of the Commonwealth of Virginia, State of Maryland, and the District of Columbia, or any other state, territory, or commonwealth of the United States;
- CLU's - Chartered Life Underwriters
- CPA's - Certified Public Accountants who are licenses and in good standing with the Board of Accountancy, or other applicable authority in the commonwealth of Virginia, State of Maryland, and the District of Columbia, or any other state, territory, or commonwealth of the United States;
- Trust Officers - Trust Officers of Trust Companies and Banks
- CFP's & ChFC's - Certified Financial Planners or Chartered Financial Consultants
- Planned Giving Professionals whose employer is a charitable organization described in section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or consultants or other professionals whose primary business is to provide planned giving services to one or more charitable organizations described in section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Accredited Valuation Experts who are members of: The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), The American Society of Appraisers (ASA), The Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA), The National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA), or a comparable accrediting organization.
- Enrolled Agents - A federally-authorized tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels—examination, collection, and appeals—of the Internal Revenue Service.