CANCELLED: NVEPC Webinar & Happy Hour - Charitable Giving and Tax Planning Strategies in the TCJA Era
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Time: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
Location: The Mather - 7901 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 110, McLean, VA 22102
Speaker: Patrick J. Saccogna, JD, LL.M. (taxation), CPA, AEP
Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health and well-being of our members, guests and employees of our host organization and due to the increasing concern about the coronavirus spreading in our region, this event has been cancelled.
Please join us for a group viewing of the live NAEPC Webinar, "Charitable Giving and Tax Planning Strategies in the TCJA Era". This group webinar viewing will be hosted at The Mather - 7901 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 110, McLean, VA 22102
- Registration and Networking: 2:30 - 2:55 pm
- NAEPC Live Webinar, "Charitable Giving and Tax Planning Strategies in the TCJA Era": 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Post-webinar audience discussion facilitated by NVEPC President James Head and Vice President Max Barger: 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- Happy hour and networking: 5:00 - 6:00 pm
About the Presentation:
The tax act formerly known as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) fundamentally altered the charitable giving and tax planning landscape for all donors. In this program, the presenter will summarize the major tax law provisions that impact charitable giving and donors, and identify and discuss key charitable giving and tax planning opportunities and strategies available to donors today.
Patrick J. Saccogna, JD, LL.M. (taxation), CPA*, AEP®, is a partner in the Personal & Succession Planning practice group of Thompson Hine LLP, in Cleveland, Ohio, and focuses his practice on counseling high net worth individuals, families, and closely-held businesses in a wide range of personal, charitable, business, tax, multi-generational wealth transfer, asset protection, and succession planning matters, and representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in estate and trust administration, tax compliance, and fiduciary litigation matters. Patrick is a Fellow in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Ohio, and is an Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA) Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law.
Patrick is currently serving as the Chair of University Hospitals' Diamond Advisory Group, is a past President of The Estate Planning Council of Cleveland, a past Chair of the Estate Planning, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, a past Chair of Case Western Reserve University's Estate Planning Advisory Council, is ranked in Chambers HNW 2019 (Ohio: Private Wealth Law), and received the Estate Planning Council of Cleveland's 2017 Distinguished Estate Planner Award. [* = inactive CPA status]
- Registration and networking begin at 2:30 pm and the webinar begins at 3:00 pm
- Registration is $25.00
- There will be light refreshments during the audience discussion and happy hour portion of the event.
- Location: The Mather - 7901Jones Branch Drive, Suite 110, McLean, VA 22102
- Parking: There is a free parking garage on the Westpark entrance side of the building. The unmarked spots are available - mainly on the lower and upper levels of the garage.
This Event is Sponsored By:
Cancellation Policy: Registrations can be canceled until 5:00 pm on Friday, March 6, 2020, and must be in writing via email. If the NVEPC member, and/or their guest(s), does not cancel their event registration(s), or does not attend the event, then the NVEPC member will be charged their own registration fee and their guests’ fee(s).
See Upcoming Event Calendar